20089 Emerald Court
A whimsical and playful 4BD/1.5BA Mid-Century Modern, 20089 Emerald Court is an unexpected gem on a quiet cul-de-sac in Castro Valley. Reveling in Bohemian chic with its playful interior design, this home boasts an open floor plan with updated kitchen and bath, hardwood floors, and oversized dual-pane windows that fill the rooms with light. This level-in, level-out home includes a huge backyard with two decks--ideal for outdoor entertaining--and a separate cottage-like music studio.
Nestled in a confluence of canyons, Castro Valley is a refreshing pocket of quiet neighborhoods with a small-town vibe, yet boasts sought-after schools and is well-situated for the daily commute with easy access to BART and the 238 and 580 freeways. The area offers many outdoor activities, including the annual Rowell Ranch rodeo, parade, chili cook-off, and pancake breakfast. Emerald Court is moments away from Don Castro Park, swimming at Coal Canyon Reservoir, and horseback and hiking trails at Lake Chabot.
Notable features include:
- Living room with decorative wallpaper, floor-to-ceiling windows, hardwood floors, and beamed wood ceiling
- Delightfully decorated formal dining room with modern chandelier and a vintage built-in cabinet
- Family room, lit by large windows on two sides, boasts modern light fixtures, built-in shelves, and backyard access
- Updated kitchen with gas range, stone countertops, subway tile backsplash, and pantry cabinets
- Conveniently placed laundry room with W/D, built-in shelves, and access to the side yard
- Updated powder room with pedestal sink
- Four bedrooms on one level--all with lovely windows, one with sliding glass doors onto the sunny backyard
- Updated bath with subway tile, shower over tub, tile floor, and pedestal sink
- Enclosed backyard made for entertaining with lawn, two decks, mature palm trees, and outdoor lighting
- Garden shed wired for electricity and remodeled as a musical retreat, playfully decorated with a Sputnik light fixture and Rat Pack mural